Confusingly, there are two residences in the north of Ireland named Perrymount, after the family that
owned them. This page related to the County Tyrone family, who later named their residence 'Seskinore'.
If you are looking for the County Down family, then please go to their page.
I have not done so much work on these northern families, but below are my attempts to create a pedigree
for them, based on the information that I have. This has mainly been compiled from wills, but earlier pedigrees,
including one by John O'Hart, have also been used. Some of these earlier pedigrees contain conclusions that
conflict with information contained in Betham's will abstracts and so the below chart should be used with
caution. If you are descended from this family, then I would suggest that you look at the primary sources
yourself, and please contact me if you spot any mistakes!
- James Perry was granted lands at Moyloughmore (Mullaghmore) in 1662. He is said to be the
brother of John Perry and son of Thomas Perry, a welshman. He may have died in 1691, as the estate
of a James Perry was administered that year. He had a son:
- Samuel Perry of Mullaghmore, gentleman, who was married to Katherine Lowry. He died in 1730. He had children:
- George of Perrymount died in 1771. He was married to Angel Sinclar, the daugher of the Reverend James Sinclair. They had 6 children:
- Samuel married (1) Jane Olpherts and (2) Mary Boyd. His children were:
- Margaret married her cousin, Edward Perry, son of Samuel (see below)
- Samuel married twice, firstly to Isabella Graham and secondly to Rebecca Galbraith. He had a son:
- Edward was married to his cousin, Margaret Perry (daughter of George). They had two children:
- Angel (married to William Brooke
- John appears to have married Anna Sinclair, who died in 1729
Below are the abstracts for these family members from Betham's will abstracts. See here for more details on this source. It is from these abstracts
that I have created the above chart, so if anyone else would like to have a go at this then please feel free!
|Perry||James||1691||No further information|
|Perry alias Sinclair||Ann||1729||Administration granted to John Perry, husband |
|Perry||Samuel||1730||Wife: Katherine; Son and heir: George; Children: James, Samuel and Rebecca; Children: John, Mary and Catherine |
|Perry||Edward||1730||Daughter: Catherine; Sister: Rebecca; Brother: John Perry; Sister: Mary; Brothers: Samuel, George and James|
|Perry||Edward||1770||Wife: Margaret; Aunt: Martha Graham; Uncle: Richard Graham; Step-mother: Rebecca; Galbraith otherwise Perry; Father: Samuel Perry; Daughters: Catherine and Angel; Niece: Anne Richardson; Brothers in law: John Perry, Samuel Perry, George Perry and Sinclair Perry|
|Perry||George||1771||Wife: Angel; Sons: Samuel and John; Daughters: Margaret and Letitia; Sons: George and; Sinclair; Brother in law: John Sinclair of Holyhill|